22/01/2018

Functional language


Reaching an agreement

I suggest (I, you, we, etc,).../Why don't we...?/

Let's.../ Shall we ...?/ We could (+ infinitive)

What about...? /How about,,,? (+ing)

I'm happy to... (+infinitive)

That sounds like a good plan/great idea

That works for me/ doesn't work for me

That's not a bad idea but how about ...?(+ing)

That could be a bit difficult. What about...? (+ing)

How soes that sound?

Do we all agree?

Is everyone happy to go with that idea?

Dialogue

A / Antonio      B / Adrián       C / Cristina    D / Rafa

A ) Ok, so, we need to get a birthday present for Jose.
D ) What about buying him a basketball ?
C ) I´d rather not. He has a sprained foot.
B ) Why don´t we get him a watch ?
A ) He already has a smart watch. How about giving him a gift voucher ?
C ) No !! The voucher sounds like a dull thing. We could buy him a more useful present.
D ) I suggest we get him a new pair of trainers.
B ) We don´t know his size. But, how about getting him some tickets to see the Globethroters ?
A ) That works for me.
C ) Do you all agree
D ) Yes, let´s go to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment